Travel & Leisure Group, the oldest leading European Timeshare Resale Brokerage are delighted that the 2015 Times Destinations Holiday and Travel show proved yet again an exciting project with a large number of new and old customers visiting their stand at the new expo venue in Olympia, London.
Travel and Leisure Group’s stand was ideally located in the European area alongside well known resorts and holiday companies. The stand had a great mix of display boards and on screen information giving the opportunity for all passing to understand how Travel & Leisure Group operate as an independent broker between private individuals, assisting them to buy, sell or rent a timeshare.
Further, the Times Destinations Holiday and Travel Show has always given Travel and Leisure Group the perfect platform to educate and initiate novice buyers about the industry. The show offered the ideal opportunity to make their presence felt amongst existing as well as potential customers; many of whom stopped for a chat at the stand and entered the specially organized prize draw. The staff, comprising of seasoned professionals in their field, were happy to offer any kind of advice to the clients who passed by or stopped to talk.
“Travel and Leisure Group have always felt that exhibitions such as these are very important to both our clients and staff, giving us a rare opportunity to meet face to face and explain the advantages of buying a timeshare property through a resale broker, says Maria Mills-Farinas, the Group’s Managing Director. “At Olympia, our stand was a cheerfully busy one and many experienced and novice travellers enjoyed a chat. We were pleased that this exhibition also gives us the chance to listen to our clients and hear their experiences and thoughts regarding their resort, this information can be invaluable to us and greatly helps us understand better.
The Times Destinations Holiday and Travel Show will be back in 2016 at Olympia, where Travel and Leisure Group will have a dedicated stand. So for all those who missed it this year, you can just catch them on February 4 to February 7th 2016!
Does the general public make use of the “show prices”? Regrettably, no. Timeshare Resale clients are so used to buying or selling by telephone, that they just enjoy talking to us and are reassured that we are here to help.
Although we live in an era in which many business deals have already been conducted through information technology, many companies still participate in exhibitions from time to time because they believed that business generated from the exhibitions would be far greater than any other form of business promotional activities. Meanwhile, exhibitions are a perfect place to recruit new customers and strengthen relationship with the old clients. In an exhibition where buyers and sellers come together is viewed by business people as an opportunity for “big” business. In addition, it is a chance for the exhibitors to share their innovations and latest development to their customers.
In fact, when combining with the appropriate marketing strategies, exhibitions can create sparkling opportunities for business. Exhibition may even be possible to revitalise some of the products which have fallen behind the market and perhaps, you may come up with another brilliant idea by exchanging conversation and sharing information with your visitors.
There are pros and cons of large and small exhibition. A large exhibition can certainly draw attention but sometimes, a small one can create an intimate atmosphere which enhances the communication between the exhibitors and visitors. The fact is that size of the event is highly correlated with the marketing goals which your company wants to achieve and the needs of your customers. Prior to deciding the scale, you must define your objectives first and analyze the future benefit which you will receive from the exhibition as opposed to the expenses on the event at the present time.
Nevertheless, regardless of the scale of the exhibition, a business can benefit a great deal because you can meet a group of live audience in a short time and it is also the most cost-effective way to promote business.
Therefore, many merchants take this opportunity to showcase their products as much as possible because number of people visits the event usually far greater than any other business day.
Furthermore, in terms of publicity, exhibition is the winner among all other forms of advertising mediums such as billboards and direct mailing which are very passive. In an exhibition, you can not only talk to your customers and promote your new products but also conduct research on your customers’ profile.
On the other hand, customers are always hungry for information and need to be fed well. Participants are usually very aggressive in searching for what they need because they may come a long way from home to attend the event for a few days. Therefore, if you treat them well and handle everything properly, you will get a deal, perhaps a “big” one.
An exhibition is amongst the most powerful marketing tools available to companies today. There are two basic reasons for participating in either a trade or a consumer exhibition:
- To inform the marketplace of your product or service
- To increase sales and consumption of your product or service
There are also other major benefits –
- An exhibition brings the mountain to Mohammed. It is a cost-effective way of drawing your target market to you in one place at the one time
- It appeals to all five senses – sight, sound, smell, taste and touch and what we call the sixth sense, thought
- It combines all the elements of the promotional mix – advertising, public relations, sales promotion and selling
- By being there each visitor is a qualified prospect
- At an exhibition, the passing trade of potential and qualified customers that walk past your stand can be measured in the thousands. Whereas in an average retail environment the passing trade is significantly lower, and more than likely not qualified or directly interested in your product or service
And, there are further additional benefits –
- An exhibition enables all aspects of the selling process- attention, persuasion, desire and purchasing- to be compressed into a single activity
- It enables you to continue creating awareness of your product or service, and of your company and its position within the marketplace
- It broadens your customer base. The drawing power of an exhibition is such that visitors will often travel from interstate and even overseas to attend
- You can introduce new products and services to an instant audience
- An exhibition provides contact with your existing clients in a relaxed atmosphere and is a far more cost-effective way of reaching a new audience than cold-calls
- It allows you to position your product or service in line with a total competitive offering, and highlight its strengths
- It allows you to research potential acceptance of new products or services, or even test market new directions that your company might be about to launch
- It provides access to the media, who also use an exhibition to gather information on new directions within an industry
- Your participation in an exhibition signals your support for the industry you are part of within your business
- An exhibition provides an opportunity for you to bring together staff from around the country or overseas and to conduct your own company conference, product launches and/or re-training and sales meetings