The timeshare industry claims that over twenty million household’s own timeshare worldwide – many are well satisfied with their ownership.
Buying Timeshare accommodation can be of a much higher standard than that of a hotel or rented accommodation. And most resorts have extensive leisure facilities (generally free to use). All timeshare is self-catering. However, many complexes offer packages of half or full board for the holiday maker who wants to fully relax.
Accommodation ranges from a modest studio (a single bedroom) to apartments and villas with three bedroom, three bathrooms, lounge, dining etc. with appointments to a very high standard.
Timeshare competes with package holidays (where buying timeshare offers higher standards of accommodation) and villa rental (where timeshare offers better long-term value for money).
Buying timeshare comes in four basic forms:
- Fixed week. Where you own rights to a specific week, usually in a specific apartment/villa which you can either return to every year or swap through the exchange system for something similar in another part of the world and in another time period.
- Floating system. Instead of owning a specified week, you own a week (or a period which may be longer than a week) within a seasonal band of time. Each year you must book the specific week that you want – but this is “subject to availability”.
- Points System. With this type of ownership, you have the flexibility of a type of currency to spend within a portfolio of resorts. Allocation of a specific number of points to spend each year gives you the potential to travel when you like, again subject to availability.
- Fractional Ownership. Owners of a fractional interest will be allocated week(s) in an apartment with in one of the developers resorts with a leasehold. However, you will usually not be able to utilise this week, instead points are allocated, again to spend within a large portfolio of resorts. Once the lease expires, the apartment or villa is sold, and a percentage of the proceeds given to you.
A major strength of buying timeshare is the certainty that it provides. Accommodation (and often leisure facilities) being held in trust (or registered in a public register) for the lifetime of the right to use. When buying timeshare, you pay a once off payment for the right to use. Each year, a there is a also a maintenance fee which pays for the accommodation etc. to be kept clean, in good order, local taxes paid, insurance etc.
When you no longer require your ownership, you can sell your timeshare on to someone else. Most owners use the exchange system which provides a large choice (nearly 6,000 resorts in all the popular destinations worldwide) to swap to – knowing that the place you are going to is of a similar standard to that which you own.
The advantages of buying a timeshare resale through Travel & Leisure Group are that you buy privately from existing owners and in many cases save well over 50% on the developers list price! Our dedicated staff have unrivalled experience in the buying timeshare resale sector and can help you buy timeshare at the right resort at the right price. Look out for our top ten bargains and featured property below for great deals.
The key to our success
Collectively, our team boasts unrivalled experience in the timeshare resale sector. We can assist holidaymakers in buying timeshare in the right resort, at the right price. Our simple quote form makes it easy for customers to pinpoint their specific requirements when enquiring about buying timeshare.
Reasons for buying timeshare through the Travel & Leisure Group
- The leading resorts recommend our services. We’re Authorised Resellers for DRI Points; a recommended reseller for all Macdonalds resorts and many, many others.
- Buying timeshare through Travel & Leisure Group automatically gives FREE membership to 7Across.
- Realistic prices with full transfer of ownership carried out in house by staff with many years of experience.
- Regular inspections of properties to ensure the highest standards for our customers.
- 14 Day cooling Off period in line with the current timeshare legislation
- Specialists in points, resales and American Stock.
- The only company where monies are deposited into a trust account; administered by independent trustee FNTC (First National Trustee Company) until completion of sale. No funds will be released until title deeds are transferred to the purchaser’s name; giving you ultimate protection when buying timeshare until the agreement of sale.
An endless choice of timeshare properties
Buying timeshare through more than 5,100 holiday developments in 110 different countries through RCI, II and 7Across networks. The tropical islands of Barbados, St. Lucia or Bali; or even the magic of Disneyland, manor homes in England and the châteaux of France - at Travel & Leisure Group. We have everything you need to realise your dream timeshare holiday.
Buying timeshare? Get a quote with us today
You can view a small selection of our happy customers on our timeshare customer testimonial page. For further information on any timeshare properties please call FREE on 0800 071 4674. Complete the buying timeshare enquiry form to receive details on any prospective timeshare properties you may have found.
You can also visit us in person in the heart of beautiful Suffolk. No appointment is necessary Monday to Thursday, 9am - 6pm and Friday 9am - 5pm. We recommend you book an appointment if you wish to discuss buying timeshare face-to-face during evenings or weekends.