Timeshare Buyers are Getting Younger, Smarter and More Diverse
Timeshare doesn’t always have a great reputation. Many timeshare buyers or sellers have had unfortunate experiences with scam companies, leading them to lose trust with the industry. However, here at Travel & Leisure, we’re here to build back some of that trust. Our methods are tried and tested for selling timeshare, and for those who are looking to buy, we cannot shout about the benefits of timeshare enough. We are members of the RDO and ARDA – both trusted timeshare consumer organisations and have been in business for 25 years. Our years of experience and unique approach give proven results in both selling and buying timeshare.
As we always say, timeshare is not a financial investment. Instead, view it as an investment in leisure time. If you are looking for reliable, trusted holidays each year in a top class resort, a timeshare could be the answer. There are timeshares available all across the globe, just take a look at our timeshare map. Whether you’re looking for a timeshare property in the British countryside, or on a Florida beach, there could be something for you.
Due to the diverse nature of timeshares themselves and the variety of locations they can be found in, it makes sense that the demographics of timeshare buyers are also diverse. Over the past few years, the median age of timeshare buyers is decreasing. Instead, the new timeshare generation is young families. This new type of owner is putting timeshare back on the map as a plausible purchase for the younger generation. Here are some facts and figures about this new era of timeshare buyers.
The New Timeshare Buyers
- New timeshare owners are around 10 years younger than typical timeshare owners. Thirty-nine percent are Gen Xers. Thirty percent are Millennials, with the median age of thirty-nine. Surely this shows how the industry is changing and evolving?
- 7 out of 10 timeshare owners would recommend timeshare ownership. This shows you not to listen to all the negative news about timeshare. Those that own and enjoy one are the people to listen to.
- Timeshare owners are highly educated. Around 63% have at least a four-year college degree.
- The median household income for timeshare owners is $94,800. This is far higher than the US average, meaning timeshare buyers are well educated, high earners.
- Timeshare owners took more than 3 vacations in 2015. This means they have the disposable income to travel, and that their timeshare has allowed them to vacation regularly.
We hope this has put some of your timeshare misconceptions to rest. Until next time… Stay safe and travel happy!