Georgina, our buyers consultant, spent a week’s holiday in Santa Eulalia on the beautiful White Island of Ibiza.
Here are her comments on her time away and where she chose to stay.
But first, here are some interesting facts about the island of Ibiza:
• The settlers who founded Ibiza originally named it Ibozzim and dedicated the island to Bes, the God of music and dance.
• Ibiza boasts that it has 10 hours of glorious sunshine a day, for approx 300 days per year.
• Also known as the party island, it is home to 6 “Super Clubs”, the oldest is Pacha, which was founded way back in the 1970’s, 1973 to be exact.
• Other “Super Clubs” are Space, Eden, Amnesia, Es Paradis & Privilege.
• The correct enunciation of the island’s name is ‘Eivissa’.
• Home to the iconic hotel/institution that is Pikes, located in the hills overlooking San Antonio. This resort has played host to many mega stars, such as Tony Curtis & Freddie Mercury and most famously the pool setting for Wham’s ‘Club Tropicana’ video!
• It’s not all party time, it has an amazing 57 wonderful beaches.
• Ibiza is very diverse, appealing to party goers, couples and families, it offers so much for so many different people.
• There are many timeshare resorts in the Balearic Islands and in Ibiza, you can find a selection here.
TLG: Why Ibiza, what made this island your holiday destination this year?
GF: I had been dealing a lot with timeshare resorts in Ibiza and really wanted to go and explore the island. When you spend a long time at a desk talking to people about destinations you end up having to go see for yourself! I liked the look of Santa Eulalia as seemed very shishi and tranquil.
TLG: Was this your first time in Ibiza?
GF: Yes it was.
TLG: It’s a short flight from the UK to Ibiza. Where did you choose to stay and why this location and resort?
GF: I stayed at Es Pueto Club, because the location is incredible. It is right on the harbour, with many of the apartments having glorious views. Also this is the ‘family’ side of the island. Because I was travelling with my 11 year old daughter, I wanted to avoid noisy nightlife.
TLG: When did you travel? And what was the weather like during your stay?
GF: The weather was perfect for my daughter and I. No rain and not too hot, but lovely and sunny. We still managed to get a little sunburnt though!
TLG: How would you rate your resort, what facilities did it provide?
GF: I loved it because so quiet and intimate with an incredible location, right by the harbour. Es Pueto Club has a restaurant, spa, small pool and games room. It is a small resort in Santa Eulalia for those who want peace and quiet and to be in an incredibly beautiful and unspoilt location.
TLG: Did you travel alone or with others?
GF: I travelled with my daughter so that we could have some quality time together before she grows up!
TLG: Did you eat in the resort as part of your booking or out in the local restaurants, what was your favourite food on your holiday?
GF: We did have a meal the first night at the resort as we arrived very late. It was pizza and it was tasty and served with a smile. The rest of the time, we cooked in the apartment as the facilities were good. My daughter has quite simple tastes and is only 11 so didn’t want to be out eating every night. We had an incredible meal, right on the harbour at an Italian restaurant which was fabulous. We also had a meal of fresh fish on another day. The restaurant prices were great value and very high quality.
TLG: Ibiza has a party island reputation, but it also appeals to all age groups and has some stunning locations, and did you travel around the island and take in any of the sites?
GF: We travelled to Es Cana to see the Hippy market. It was very good with a lot of unique items. Walking along the coast took about an hour, which was beautiful. We also travelled to a water park, which was sadly closed, so spent some time on a lively beach. We took a boat trip, to go snorkelling. The area we stayed in (Santa Eulalia) was very quiet and family friendly.
TLG: As a holiday destination, would you say Ibiza is great location for families and children, would you also recommend this to say older couples who want to get away and relax?
GF: Absolutely. It’s not all about parties. The scenery is stunning, nice places to eat and the resort was fairly quiet in the evenings.
TLG: Working within the holiday industry, is it important to you to experience firsthand the resorts and then be able to relay your experience and knowledge back to potential new owners and members staff?
GF: Yes that’s why I do it! For me, it is incredibly important to experience as many timeshare resorts as I can. It is brilliant to be able to give my buyer’s first-hand, genuine information. For myself, if I didn’t visit these resorts, I feel that job would become rather stale! It helps me to remember that my role is to make holiday dreams come true!
It’s All About the Memories
TLG: What were the best moments of this week?
GF: Being with my daughter, practicing Acro yoga and aerial on the beach, the hippy market in El Cana, lots of swimming and a snorkelling trip.