Long flights can be very stressful and unhealthy for the passengers. Whether you are sitting in an economy class or first class, it is very uncomfortable to sit for very long hours. Here are few things that can help your long flight experience be more relaxing.
- Bring an extra travel pillow or cushion to support your back and neck. In this way your spine can relax and at the same time lessen the tension of your muscles; therefore you will need another cushion aside from the pillow provided by the airlines. But for some airlines with good service, you might be able to ask for an extra pillow.
- Choose a seat where you can relax. If you want to sleep throughout your flight, you can reserve a window side seat so you are not bothered by other passengers. Having a seat on the aisle or exit row can also be relaxing since you can stretch your legs if they already feel numb.
- Wear shades while sleeping so you will not be bothered by others like people walking or kids playing.
- Having your own headphones can also make you feel better because the one provided by the airlines have low quality. A noise-isolating or canceling headphones can be a great help to block outside sound such as people conversing or engine noise.
- Do not forget to bring things that can entertain you like a magazine, book, mobile music player or a laptop. Sometimes the in-flight music and movies do not soothe everyone’s taste so these things should always come in handy.
- Drink a lot of water or juice to assure proper body hydration. This can lessen the stress on your body. If you are consuming alcoholic beverages, be sure to drink moderately. You should not worry about going to the restroom more often because walking promotes blood flow through your legs.
- Try to have one hand carry luggage only. This should be enough to put your important things. In this way stress can be lessened since you won’t have to carry a lot of bags and at the same time trying to fit yourself in a very narrow aisle and taking them in and out of the upper cabin.
- Try to move around the plane and use the aisle to stretch. Sitting for long hours can make your body ache due to low blood circulation.
- Always bring moisturizers because long flights can make your face, lips and body dry. Lotions and lip balms are great in preventing dryness.
- Bring chewing gum. Chewing can help lessen the air pressure in your ears which can be very discomforting even after the flight.
Author bio: Will is the owner and editor of Travel Packing Tips. He is a part time blogger and loves to travel around the world.
This guest post was provided for Travel and Leisure Group leading timeshare resales brokers in Europe.